Monday, November 29, 2010

We are Marching!







I really wanted to add more to the maple leave project that we did last week.
I had this book from the library, called, Don't let the pigeon stay up late!
The author is Mo Willems and I started noticing him because of his other book, Knuffle's Bunny.
This week, we will draw pigeons in his style.
It turned out to be a successful project and this is what I want them feel.
I want them to think that they are capable, but are learning something new.
Main Objectives:
1) Shapes and directions of lines.
Asking them to pay extra attention to the direction of lines is the focus of this lesson.
Watching them execute what they observed is very fulfilling to me.
2) Perspectives that we see (frontal and profile views) when we draw the eyes.
3) Expression and body language of the pigeon (happy? Tired?)
TIPS:
*Being very animated when showing the children the direction of the lines is a key to have them stay focus.






Reference Book: Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late!
More about Mo Willems
http://www.mowillems.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo_Willems


No comments:

Post a Comment