The art project this week is based an artwork, The Tree of life, by a symbolist artist, Gustav Klimt.
Objectives and Procedures:
1. Discuss this work and Klimt's style.
2. Understanding the structure of a tree: Trunk, branches, twigs.
3. Practice drawing spiral lines.
4. Draw and paint a tree in the style of Klimt's.
5. Add a horizon line.
6. Decorate the tree with shapes (Understand how to use color to create contrast)
7. Art critique time. (each student will talk about his or her work)
*paper, pencil, tempera paint, scissors+glue, magazine, oil pastel, markers and color pencils.