This week, we created a background for our "Blue Dog."
We used Van Gogh's Starry Night as inspiration.
Procedures and Objectives:
1) Discussion on Van Gogh's "Starry Night."
We talked about his use of color, the lines, movements, temperature, weather, places and etc.
2) Look at Van Gogh's other paintings and talk about his style.
3) PRACTICE lines, especially spiral and curvy lines.
4) Cut Blue Dog out.
5) We talk about composition for Blue Dog on the paper.
6) Draw moon, stars, spiral lines.
7)Paint and "scratch lines" with plastic fork.
8) Glue Blue Dog on the painting.
1) Tempera Paints + Glue (to make paints thick)
2) Pencil for sketch.
3) Plastic fork for scratching lines (to create lines/brush strokes)
4) Cardboard and glue (for the Blue dog painting.)
About Starry Night http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Starry_Night