Recently, some of my students really like coloring "rainbow color." I want them to learn about colors in a rainbow. Therefore, I came up with this lesson, Rainbow and Balloon. We drew big rainbow on the background on a 12x18 white drawing paper. Drawing big curve lines is actually a little big challenge for 5 to 7 years old. Anyway, each rainbow in their artwork turned out differently. Here is how we did it:
1. Draw a rainbow across the paper, then color each segment by oil pastel/crayon.
2. Add clouds by white pastel/crayon.
3. Use watercolor to wash the sky with purple and blue.
4. Draw a land, houses trees and etc on black paper.
5. Cut the black paper and glue it on the foreground.
6. Add balloon and more details (magazine papers).
|12x18 Oil pastel, Watercolor, Magazine 12.5.11|