Thursday, January 26, 2012

Patterned Quilt











I found this idea from another art teaching blog, but added more elements in it.
I shared to my kindergarten classes how my daughters sleep and their bed time routines. 
I also asked them to tell me about their bed time routines. 
They were so excited at sharing them with me and about adding family members in their pictures.

In this lesson, we looked at Faith Ringgold's quilt painting art work.
We also learned about patterns in colors, shapes and lines.
Steps:

1. We talked about patterns. 
2. We looked at Faith Ringgold's artwork.
3. We created the quilt (2 curved mountain lines, left to right) first and then double the quilt lines.
4. Then we added up-down lines to create sections on the quilt.
5. Add patterns on the quilt and family members.
6. Color the artwork.

Materials:

1. White paper
2. Pencil
3. Crayon/oil pastel
4. Sharpie
5. Watercolor


 My exemplar.






No comments:

Post a Comment